You might have noticed that many people prefer to invest in walnut furniture especially walnut cabinets. Do you know the reasons? Well, wood is one of the most popular, classy, and steadiest choices in terms of kitchen furniture. You may think that walnut is compatible with a traditional setup. But this is a wrong notion. Walnut furniture can flawlessly blend with any décor including modern ones. The wood species is quite dynamic as well.
Benefits of using walnut wood for kitchen cabinets
Okay, let’s find out the major reasons behind the wide popularity of walnut cabinets.
- A plethora of options – Some furniture designers opine that walnut cabinetry is ideal for a kitchen decorated traditionally. This is true that such traditional looks sported by the hardwood are often appreciated by the homeowners. But this taste is prevalent among people favoring old-school style and designs. Walnut wood may be combined with other ingredients like high gloss features or stainless-steel worktops to give the kitchen a modern look. Therefore, it can be said that the hardwood version is available in both conventional and modern styles. You will find a good collection at GEC Cabinet Depot. Choose any as per the aesthetic need of your home.
- Exquisite -Walnut wood is available in various types. The wood is unique in terms of looks while revealing its value. The American version of the wood is straight-grained. Depending on the wood grains and various textures, each piece of furniture made from this wood shows uniqueness. And this is what lets it stand out from the competition. Walnut kitchen cabinets are exclusive. You can hardly found a second cabinet with the same texture or grain patterns. So it’s worth investing in walnut kitchen furniture.
- Statement-making – Walnut creates a strong statement. The wood represents a deep hue as well as a texture that makes the furniture eye-catchy and a focal point of discussion. Nevertheless, the cabinets made of walnut wood must be combined with some subtle elements, so the look and functionality of the cabinets are properly showcased. Apart from the wood, you should also focus on other kitchen elements to bring the best out of the kitchen decorations.
You may also read “Your Spare Room Makeover Is Now on a Budget“
- Functional – You must have heard of different kinds of hardwood. Maple and oak are the other two solid options that homeowners prefer for kitchen cabinets. However, walnut usually wins the bet because of its amazing level of sturdiness. The wood is extremely resilient. It can withstand any kind of water damages. It can ward off water and thus does not soak damp easily. This is why the wood is considered to be a strong one. The wood gives the cabinets a special shape. Walnut boxes are extraordinarily strong. They hardly wrap. Also, kitchen cabinetry made from walnut wood remains in the same shape for years without requiring you to replace your solid wood cabinets any time soon.
- Durable – As you have decided to pick hardwood for kitchen cabinetry, walnut maybe your option since the wood is exceptionally durable. Kitchen cabinets made from walnut are known for being exceptionally durable. They last for years and thus you don’t need to replace them in near future. If you want a cabinet system for your cooking space that is quite strong and durable, choose walnut. They are available in different beautiful and durable options while offering several benefits.
- Low maintenance – Walnut cabinet units for the kitchen is an envying addition to your cooking space as well as the entire home. The wood is versatile as you already know. The wood can be used for making shaker cabinets that are high in demand due to their look and appeal as well as ease of maintenance. Keeping walnut shaker cabinets in a healthy and new condition for years is not a big deal. You do not need to spend any good chunk of time every day. Just wipe down them casually every day to remove the loose dust. The polish will be intact as well for years. If there are any light stains, use a damp rag to wipe them off. However, in case of a stubborn stain, you may need to use a mild detergent solution.
These are a few benefits of using walnut wood for the cabinets of your dream kitchen.