July 21, 2021 (Investorideas.com Newswire) HCA Healthcare shares established a new 52-week high after the company reported a greater than 30% increase in YoY revenue in Q2/21.
Hospital and medical facilities operator HCA Healthcare Inc. (HCA:NYSE) today announced financial and operating results for the second quarter of 2021 ended June 30, 2021.
HCA Healthcare’s CEO Sam Hazen led off with stating, “With the effects of the pandemic moderating in the second quarter, we experienced a strong rebound in demand for healthcare services…We continue to invest aggressively in our strategic agenda, which is building greater clinical capabilities to serve our communities while also developing more comprehensive enterprise resources to support caregivers and differentiate our local networks.”
The company indicated in the release that Q2/21 revenues increased by 30.42% to $14.435 billion, up from $11.068 billion in Q2/20.
The firm additionally reported that in Q2/21 it earned net income attributable to HCA Healthcare Inc. totaling $1.450 billion, or $4.36 per diluted share, versus $1.079 billion, or $3.16 per diluted share in Q2/20.
HCA stated that adjusted EBITDA in Q2/21 totaled $3.219 billion, compared to $2.666 billion in Q2/20, and noted that the Q2/20 data included $822 million in government stimulus income, which it subsequently reversed in Q3/20.
The company reported that during Q2/21, same facility admissions increased by 17.5% and same facility equivalent admissions also rose by 26.8%, versus those in Q2/20. Similarly, the firm indicated that same facility emergency room visits increased by 40.5% during the same corresponding period.
HCA added that in Q2/21, both same facility inpatient and outpatient surgeries increased by 15.0% and 52.5%, respectively, compared to those procedures performed in Q2/20.
The firm stated that for H1/21, it posted total revenue in the amount of $28.412 billion, versus $23.929 billion in H1/20. During the same period HCA advised that it earned net income attributable to HCA Healthcare Inc. of $2.873 billion, or $8.50 per diluted share, compared to $1.660 billion, or $4.84 per diluted share in H1/20.
HCA listed that in Q2/21 it repurchased 11.261 million of its common shares at a total cost of $2.287 billion and stated that as of the end of Q2/21 it still may purchase up to an additional $4.987 billion under its existing repurchase authorization.
The company advised also that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.48 per common share payable to shareholders of record as of September 16, 2021 on September 30, 2021.
HCA provided some revised forward guidance and stated that for FY/21 it now expects Revenues of $57-58 billion, Adjusted EBITDA of $12.1-12.5 billion and diluted EPS of $16.30-17.10 per share.
HCA Healthcare is based in Nashville, Tenn., and owns and operates hospitals and related healthcare entities in 20 U.S. states and the U.K. The company indicated that as of June 30, 2021, it operates 187 acute care, psychiatric and rehabilitation hospitals and about 2,000 other medical care sites including diagnostic and imaging centers, freestanding ERs, both walk-in and physician clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers.
HCA Healthcare started the day with a market cap of around $73.3 billion with approximately 336.9 million shares outstanding. HCA shares opened nearly 10% higher today at $239.10 (+$21.47, +9.87%) over yesterday’s $217.63 closing price and reached a new 52-week high price this morning of $252.00. The stock has traded today between $237.68 to $252.00 per share and closed the day trading at $248.90 (+$31.27, +14.37%).
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
Health, Wellness and Sustainability Stocks Research and News at Investorideas.com – investing ideas for a better world
Like Health, Wellness and Sustainability Stocks? View our LOHAS Stocks Directory