Microsoft Exchange accounts support the EDB (Extensible Storage Engine Database) file format for storing all mailbox objects such as contacts, emails, calendars, and so on. Users may have questions about how to convert EDB to PST file format for a variety of reasons. The PST (Personal Storage Table) file format is supported by MS Outlook for storing all of the data in the Outlook profile. Outlook has a lot of great capabilities for sending and receiving emails, which draws users. We will present a few free recommended techniques for exporting Exchange EDB to PST format in this article, including manual and automatic tool EDB to PST converter.
Before we go any further, it’s important to understand why EDB files need to convert to PST format.
Reasons to Export EDB to PST File Format
Users may need to transfer their Exchange EDB files to Outlook PST format for a variety of reasons. The following are some of the most common reasons for this relocation.
Backups – Users may find it necessary to make a backup of certain mailboxes on occasion. For Exchange administrators, backing up EDB files in Outlook PST is a far more cost-effective solution.
When the user saves the EDB database in PST format, it is easily portable and accessible. Users can immediately shift data from one storage device to another using various storage devices.
To maintain the prior data record – If the user wants to keep the previous data record, backing up the EDB files to PST is a good alternative.
Compliance Requirements – In order to meet any compliance or legal requirements, a user must save, collect, or maintain any specific data over time.
These are some of the possible reasons why users desire to convert EDB to PST file format and have a question on how to do so. Let’s take it a step further and look at how manual operations for EDB to PST migration function.
Manual Methods for Converting EDB to PST Format
We’ll go over the two manual techniques for converting Exchange EDB to PST in this article. However, it is recommended that you make a copy of the original data before beginning the process because there are various limits and the danger of data loss due to human mistakes.
Method 1: Use the Exchange Merge Utility to Export.
- Firstly, start the Exchange Merge program.
- Choose the two-step method.
- Now select the option to extract data from the exchange server mailbox from the drop-down menu.
- In the source server window, fill in the details such as name, domain name, and so on.
- Then press the Next button.
- Go to the tab for the import operation now.
- To target the storage options, select active data.
- In the following box, select EDB data to export.
- Set the place where the resulting file will be saved.
- Click the Next button to begin the exporting process.
Method 2: Use the Exchange Admin Centre to Export your data.
- Firstly, activate the Exchange Admin Center.
- Go to Mailboxes and then to Recipients.
- Select the data you wish to migrate, right-click it, and choose Export to PST from the drop-down menu.
- The browse feature now allows users to update or add EDB mailboxes.
- Users can now add any mailbox item they want to get notifications about the export process.
- The mailbox will automatically migrate to the shared folder after the export process is completed successfully.
- Additionally, there are some drawbacks to employing manual methods to convert Exchange EDB to PST format. Some of the constraints are given below –
- Only supports data exports of up to 2GB.
- It’s a more time-consuming and exhausting procedure.
- Only older Exchange versions, such as Exchange 2003, are supported.
- There’s a chance you’ll lose a lot of data.
- It is necessary to have technical knowledge.
- Conversion of corrupt EDB files is not supported.
These are the manual techniques for converting an EDB file to a PST file. Because the manual way to conversion has some restrictions, users can also utilize a free alternative best EDB to PST converter application available on the market.
How to Export Exchange EDB to PST Format in an Automated Way
Users can use an automatic EDB file converter for a more accurate and secure converting process. The automated professional method is a wonderful choice for migrating since it avoids all of the constraints that the manual approach has. Check out the best EDB to PST converter tool, which can convert multiple Exchange EDB files to PST, EML, MSG, PDF, MBOX, HTML, Office 365, and other formats. The program works with all versions of Microsoft Exchange and the Windows operating system. It has a number of fantastic features that make the conversion process easier for consumers.
- Exchange EDB files can easily export to PST, EML, MBOX, PDF, HTML, Office 365, and other formats.
- Recovers all corrupt or destroy EDB files with ease.
- It comes with an auto-detect feature.
- There is no need for technical knowledge.
- It has a simple, user-friendly interface.
- Saves EDB files according to a set of dates.
- Allows you to separate big PST files and preview the things that have been recovered.
- During the converting process, the folder hierarchy is preserved.
- Unwanted emails can block using the date filter tool.
- Standard mode, Advanced mode, and Deep mode are the three recovery options available.
- Supports all versions of Microsoft Exchange and the Windows operating system.
- These are some fantastic features that will aid users in completing conversions quickly.
In conclusion, We covered the recommended answers for the user’s query on how to convert EDB to PST file format in this blog. We’ve seen both the manual and professional automated solutions, however, the manual approach has various drawbacks and risks. As a result, for a rapid and effective converting process, it is recommended that you utilize the clever free automatic solution.