The Skandagiri hills are located in Karnataka and The fort was unable to thrive under their guidance. Only a small portion of the fort’s walls remain today, with the rest of the fort in ruins. Two temples stand out among the countryside, one at the bottom of the hill and the other at the top, having survived harm while everything else has been turned to rubble.woods at night sets it apart from the other possibilities.
The beauty of the morning light through the misty clouds, along with the dense shade of foliage all around, creates a one-of-a-kind experience that you won’t find on any other trekking excursion. Witnessing the sunrise after the trip is a spellbinding experience that draws visitors from all over the world to see and explore the possibilities.
Difficulty level of the Skandagiri trek
The natural beauty of the area draws hundreds of visitors who want to see this hidden jewel for themselves. The hike is easy to moderate, but because it is a night trek, many people are critical of it. It’ll take you around 5 hours to complete the walk, so you can spend the remainder of the night relaxing.
Experience for beginner
Although the trip is frequently recommended to begin at night, if you are a beginner, it is recommended that you begin the Skandagiri trek route in the afternoon to take in the beauty of the surroundings while also exploring and trekking at the same time.
- The quantity of ruins and fortifications that you will come across during the Skandagiri trip is the finest feature about its length. You will be presented with six such possibilities. You will only be able to glimpse an old temple perched at the top of the hills once you have completed the walk.
- The view from the top of the hills is breath-taking and will leave you speechless. Once you’ve completed the trek, you’ll come upon several little samadhi caves at the top of the hills. After a 5-hour hike, people come here to rest and unwind. It’s incredible to be able to stop and just lie down in the middle of the night and gaze at the stars.
When to start the trek
As previously stated, the journey is famed for the splendour of the night trek. As a result, the vast majority of visitors opt to stay overnight at the top of the hills. The next morning, you can see the stunning orange hues of the sunrise, which will add to your list of experiences.
If you don’t feel like doing all of this, you can start the walk early in the morning and be back at your hotel by afternoon. However, for the return trip, you must take the same trekking route that you used to ascend the hill. Pass through the Nandi Hills if you have the time and enjoy the area.
Distance of the Skandagiri trek
- The hike is 4 kilometres long and takes around 2-3 hours to reach the hilltop, which is located at 4430 feet above sea level. Because the terrain is a little rough, you must use caution while navigating the path. It is densely forested with shrubs and can be exceedingly slick at night. Six ruined strongholds dot the trail, as well as numerous small Samadhi caves where trekkers can rest for a while.
- The fort was unable to thrive under their guidance. Only a small portion of the fort’s walls remain today, with the rest of the fort in ruins. Two temples stand out among the countryside, one at the bottom of the hill and the other at the top, having survived harm while everything else has been turned to rubble.
This is also one of Bangalore‘s prominent trekking destinations, which can be visited both during the day and at night. In fact, one of the most risky things you can do at Skandagiri is to take a walk up the hill during a full moon night. The display is at the top of the hill.
- On your route to the hike, eating should not be a major concern. On your route along the trip, there are numerous shacks and tea stalls. Snacks, tea, cookies, and cold drinks, as well as plenty of water, are readily available. If you want to enjoy a good meal, you can sit for a few minutes in one of the few restaurants in Chikkaballapura. Some of the restaurants you can visit include Kamat Upachar Restaurant, Hotel Babuji, Chandru Hotel, and Swathi Restaurant, to name a few.
As a result, you’re in for a real treat when it comes to the overall experience of trekking through the Skandagiri hills. The area is underrated for trekking expeditions, but the beauty of the area and surroundings make for a good trek, especially if you’re looking for something to do on weekends.