Hair coloring is a common practice among people to achieve a desired hair color or cover gray hair. While hair dyeing can provide an instant transformation, it comes with the potential risk of side effects. In this article, we will explore the possible side effects of hair coloring and we will also discuss which hair color has no side effects.
While covering hair with branded hair colors is not harmful, some hair colors may contain particular harsh chemicals and icky ingredients that may be bad for your hair and health too.
Research has shown that cheap hair colors contain substances like phenols and aromatic amines. These substances contain hydrogen peroxide which may harm your health.
These chemicals can lead to a series of allergic reactions such as hair fall, rashes, respiratory complications, skin diseases, etc.
- Skin diseases and Rashes: The chemicals in the hair color may exude into the skin and lead to rashes. Further, these may lead to a range of allergic reactions including dermatitis of the ears, scalp, eyes, and face.
- Respiratory problems: The harmful fumes emitted by the chemicals may lead to respiratory issues. These complications include coughing, wheezing, tightening of the chest, and difficulty breathing.
Hair dyes contain a variety of chemicals that can cause an allergic reaction in some people. Symptoms of an allergic reaction can include itching, redness, swelling, and even anaphylaxis in severe cases.
Hair coloring can irritate the scalp, which can result in itching, redness, and soreness. This can be particularly problematic for individuals with sensitive skin or scalp conditions like psoriasis or eczema.
Hair dyeing can cause damage to the hair, particularly if it is done frequently or if harsh chemicals are used. Over time, this can lead to dry, and brittle hair that is prone to breakage and damaged ends.
Hair dye can stain the skin, particularly around the hairline and ears. This discoloration can be hard to remove and may need professional treatment.
Once you undergo a chemical-based coloring treatment, it becomes almost possible for your hair to go back to its natural color. Hair dyeing may contribute to premature graying, here is how it can harm your hair.
- Excessive chemical treatments weaken the hair
- Causes permanent discoloration once the color subsides
- Makes one obligated towards hair coloring
Hair color sides effects like an increase in scalp inflammation and moisture loss can weaken the roots and scalp of the hair. If this can not be handled at the right time, can also lead to an increase in hair fall.
Hair color can’t be the cause of hair loss but it can also strip the natural lipid layers from your scalp and allow the dandruff-causing fungus to take hold.
Several natural hair coloring methods have no side effects and you can use them to achieve different shades of color. Here are some examples:
- Henna: Henna is a natural plant-based dye that is used to color hair and skin. It is known for its reddish-brown color but can be mixed with other ingredients to achieve different shades. Henna is generally considered safe and beneficial for hair, as it can condition and strengthen the strands.
- Coffee or tea: Coffee or tea helps stimulate hair follicles and speed up growth also can be used to darken hair or add a subtle brown tint. Simply brew a strong cup of coffee or tea and allow it to cool. Apply the mixture to your hair and leave it on for at least an hour before rinsing it out.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice can be used to lighten hair and add highlights. Apply fresh lemon juice to your hair and sit in the sun for several hours. Rinse out the lemon juice and condition your hair.
- Beet juice: Beet juice can be used to add a subtle red tint to the hair. Blend fresh beets and apply the juice to your hair. Let it rest for at least one hour before rinsing it off.
- Carrot juice: Carrot juice is a great way to add a red tint to your hair. Blend some carrots in a blender and strain out the juice. Apply the juice to your strands and leave it on for one hour before rinsing it out with cold water.
While hair coloring can be a convenient way to achieve a desired hair color, it does come with the potential risk of side effects. For individuals experiencing hair loss, consulting with a hair transplant doctor may be a more effective long-term solution. The best hair transplant in gurgaon can guide hair restoration procedures and hair care practices that can help to maintain healthy hair and minimize hair loss.